Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Be Thankful

There are alway's things to learn from life. Recently, I had a revelation that changed the course of my life. Thankfulness.... such a hard word, especially for those dealing with depression, anxiety and fear. Thankfulness.... what does that truely mean.

Definition of THANKFUL

1: conscious of benefit received
2: expressive of thanks
3: well pleased
4: Aware and appreciative of a benefit

I alway's have seemed to have a hard time being thankful. I see the issues in my life not the joys or benifit's. So I decided to stop and really pay attention to the things God or life was giving me, no matter how small. If it was just a simple smile from a stranger, a family helping hand, safety in a drive, etc. I have come to find out there are alot more joy's in life than terrible. Maybe if we all just look at the great things that happen around us, we wont be so anxious, we may not worry as much, we may smile more and enjoy the little things. Sit outside and just look at the nature all around you, not in a haze, but clearly look at the beauty God has created and made. The freeness of the birds and beauty of the trees. Be thankful for the small things and you will find that there are more things, much bigger, that you can truely be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment